Develop your acting skills and build your career without leaving your home with AACTA Pitch: ACTION!
4 APRIL, 2020
Ready to test your skills in front of the camera but have never had the opportunity? Want to progress your acting career while in isolation but not sure how? Ever wanted to get your screen test seen by industry professionals? The latest pitch competition from the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) takes a new direction, this time inspiring Australians in isolation to try out their acting skills.
AACTA is seeking authentic, truthful and unique performances from first-time performers, emerging actors and established artists. Entry requirements include the submission of a screen-test style audition based on a script provided by AACTA, inspired by current circumstances.
Ten finalists will be shortlisted for the AACTA Pitch: ACTION! judging panel to review, with the winner receiving:
- A mentor meeting with renowned talent agent Aran Michael from AMM
- One-year premium membership to Casting Networks Australia
- Two tickets to the 2020 AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel Ceremony & After party
- Professional headshot package
- $500 cash
- Interview and profile piece on AACTA Connect – AACTA’s online content hub
- $500 worth of Manfrotto product
- Written feedback from the esteemed judging panel
- Noni Hazlehurst AM: One of Australia's favourite and most distinguished performers, Noni is celebrated for her work in theatre, film, TV and radio. Noni is also an accomplished writer, producer, presenter and director and has received four AFI | AACTA Awards for her work on LITTLE FISH, WAITING AT THE ROYAL, FRAN and MONKEY GRIP.
- Kirsty McGregor: The founder of McGregor Casting, one of Australia’s most highly respected casting agencies. Kirsty is known for her work across award-winning local and international film and television productions including LION, ANIMAL KINGDOM, LAMBS OF GOD, MR INBETWEEN and TOP OF THE LAKE.
- Aran Michael: With over 30 years’ experience in talent representation, Aran is a proven force in the industry, proudly representing clients working in Australia and around the world including Carrie Bickmore, Dr Chris Brown, Liv Hewson and two-time Oscar nominee, Margot Robbie.
"Given the current world situation, and the terrible effects we are all experiencing, I'm pleased to be able to take part in this initiative, which will give artists in our community a chance to practise their craft and develop their skills," said Noni Hazlehurst. "I hope that AACTA Pitch: ACTION! will provide some positivity and visibility for participants, at a time when our industry, like so many others, is in such dire straits."
AACTA Pitch: ACTION! looks to empower, support and inspire performers during this difficult time by connecting artists with industry professionals via appropriate platforms to ensure opportunities remain available and career progression remains possible.
"We are proud to be the presenting this new iteration of AACTA Pitch as now, more than ever, is an important time to do all we can to support the Australian screen industry," said AFI | AACTA CEO Damian Trewhella. "We work year-round to empower emerging talent and I look forward to seeing the opportunities that come out of AACTA Pitch: ACTION!."
AACTA encourages entries from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
Entries close Sunday 26 April 2020 at 5pm AEST. Winner announced Wednesday 6 May, 2020.
The AACTA Awards are supported by the New South Wales Government through its tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW.
Jayne-Louise O’Connell | P: 0403 513 115 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org