AACTA LMAO is a monthly competition aimed at discovering the funniest new and original short comedy content.
Each month AACTA will;
- Announce a theme
- Engage some ambassadors
- Offer great prizes
Content creators will be encouraged to submit their funniest work. The content has to be intentional (i.e. no pranks) and could consist of a stand-up bit, sketch, parody or any original video content that can be uploaded to an Instagram feed.
Winners will be determined by the rotating ambassadors who will be announced at the start of each month, combined with a range of sponsor prizes awarded for virality, uniqueness, and engagement e.g. likes.
How It Works
The competition is open to anyone aged 13 or older.
If you are aged between 13 and 17 years of age you must confirm that you have a parent or guardian's permission to enter.
Prizes are only open to entrants living in Australia and New Zealand.
You must follow our Instagram account @aactalmao to be eligible to enter.
The Prizes (Monthly)
Tips for Content Creators
- Video content should be 60 seconds or less.
- Your content must be Instagram-friendly and can be either square, landscape or portrait.
- Minimum Resolution: 600×315 for landscape, 600×600 for square, and 600×750 for vertical
- AACTA LMAO Video Content requirements:
- File type: .MP4 or .MOV
- We cannot accept working file, Premier Pro or Quicktime files
- File size limit: 4GB
- While HD video is definitely recommended, most smart phones offer high-quality 720p video so there’s no need to break the bank, we want to see what you can do with whatever resources you have!
- If your content is dialogue heavy, double check the quality of your audio before submitting
- Content can be live-action or animation, scripted or conversational, stand-up or sit-down – just as long as it’s funny!
- There is no cap on submissions so keep coming back
- Make sure you're not breaking any copyright rules. This includes using brand names, music and footage.