Mel Gibson accepting the AACTA Award for Best Direction for HACKSAW RIDGE at the 6th AACTA Awards.
Feature Film entries for the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel are now open.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
5pm, Friday 30 June 2017
$2,016 – Feature film with a production budget over $2 million
A Feature Film must be:
- An Australian production.
- First released between 14 October 2016 and 15 November 2017 (Release Period).
- A film consisting of a dramatised story of at least 70 minutes duration.
In addition, a Feature Film must be publicly exhibited during the Release Period for paid admission at:
- A commercial cinema in a minimum of two Australian capital cities (with at least one being Sydney or Melbourne) for a run of at least seven consecutive days; or
- A commercial cinema in a minimum of two overseas cities for a run of at least seven consecutive days; or
- An approved qualifying Australian film festival (see list of qualifying Australian festivals below) along with separate paid admission screenings at a commercial cinema in a minimum of two Australian capital cities (with at least one being Sydney or Melbourne); or
- An approved qualifying Australian film festival (see list of qualifying Australian film festivals below) along with a release on at least two approved qualifying VOD / SVOD platforms (see list of qualifying VOD / SVOD platforms below). Please note, any exclusive arrangements with a VOD / SVOD provider that may restrict release to a single VOD / SVOD platform will be considered at AFI | AACTA's discretion; or
- Two approved qualifying international / overseas film festivals (see list of qualifying international / overseas film festivals below) along with separate paid admission screenings at a commercial cinema in a minimum of two Australian capital cities (with at least one being Sydney or Melbourne).
Qualifying Australian Film Festivals:
- Adelaide Film Festival*
- CinefestOz Film Festival
- For Film’s Sake (formerly WOW Film Festival)
- Gold Coast Film Festival
- Queer Screen's Mardi Gras Film Festival
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Sydney Film Festival
Qualifying VOD / SVOD Platforms:
- Bigpond Movies
- Dendy Direct
- Fetch TV
- YouTube Red
Qualifying International / Overseas Film Festivals:
- Beijing International Film Festival, China
- Berlinale, Germany
- BFI London Film Festival, UK*
- Busan International Film Festival, South Korea*
- Cannes International Film Festival, France
- Cannes Critics Week, France
- Cannes Directors’ Fortnight, France
- Edinburgh Film Festival, Scotland
- International Film Festival of India, India*
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Czech Republic
- Locarno International Film Festival, Switzerland
- Montreal World Film Festival, Canada
- San Sebastian Film Festival, Spain*
- Shanghai International Film Festival, China
- Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival, Spain*
- Sundance Film Festival, USA
- SxSW, USA
- Telluride Film Festival, USA*
- Tokyo International Film Festival, Japan*
- Toronto International Film Festival, Canada*
- Tribeca Film Festival, USA
- Venice International Film Festival, Italy
- Warsaw International Film Festival, Poland*
- Any films outside of this list may be considered at AFI | AACTA’s discretion.
*Please note, due to the timing of the confirmation of AACTA’s feature films in competition, films from the previous edition of the marked (*) festivals will be considered in the current year’s competition.
Please refer to the Feature Film Eligibility Policy Changes for further details on eligibility for the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Feature Film categories, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel Rule Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT