MASTERCLASS IN WEB SERIES CREATION (BRISBANE)
Date 28 May 2019
Location Event Cinemas Brisbane City Myer Centre
AFI | AACTA is pleased to invite you to a Masterclass in Web Series Creation.
The masterclass will bring together some of Queensland's most successful web content creators to share their experiences creating scripted content for online audiences worldwide, including:
- Creator, writer and co-producer of TWO WEEKS and co-creator, co-writer and producer of BANANAS, Mary Duong;
- Production Supervisor, Commissioned Content – Scripted at SBS, Nicole Coventry;
- Producer of TWO WEEKS and Development Manager at Like A Photon Creative, Rhiannon Steffensen;
- International Emmy Award-winning producer of DOODLES, ROBBIE HOOD, and CONTENT from Ludo Studio, Meg O'Connell; and
- VP Content at Screen Queensland, Amy Parry.
Moderated by former Screen Australia Online Production investment manager and STARTING FROM NOW producer and actress Rosie Lourde, the masterclass will cover a range of topics, including:
- What content works for local and international online audiences;
- How to develop a single idea into multiple short episodes of a series;
- Finding your niche and growing your community;
- Advice on scripting, casting, shooting and online marketing;
- Navigating YouTube and other video sharing websites to maximise your audience; and
- Australian State and Federal funding opportunities.
We encourage all storytellers to attend this essential masterclass, where you will gain immediate practical tools to create your own online content and successfully navigate this incredibly fast-growing and exciting digital platform.