MASTERCLASS IN WEB SERIES CREATION
Date 5 June 2018
Time4PM - 6PM
Location Museum of Contemporary Art Australia 140 George Street, The Rocks, NSW
TicketsAFI | AACTA MEMBERS$15.00
Log in to purchase ticket
AFI & AACTA MEMBERS: To book your ticket at the member price, you will need to log in on the AACTA website using your email and password. If you have yet to set a password for the new AACTA website, you can reset your password using this link.STUDENTS$15.00GENERAL PUBLIC$20.00
Secure your ticket now to AACTA’s Masterclass in Web Series Creation, held as part of Vivid Sydney 2018.
The masterclass will bring together some of Australia’s most successful web content creators to share their experiences creating scripted content for online audiences worldwide, including:
- BONDI HIPSTERS and SOUL MATES co-creator and star Christiaan Van Vuuren;
- ABC TV Head of Comedy and Executive Producer of multiple web series, Rick Kalowski;
- Creator of F***ING ADELAIDE, Sophie Hyde;
- SKITBOX co-creator and performer Adele Vuko; and
- Producer and developer of OTHER PEOPLE’S PROBLEMS, Charlotte Seymour.
Moderated by Screen Australia’s Multiplatform Investment Manager and STARTING FROM NOW producer and actress Rosie Lourde, the masterclass will cover a range of topics, including:
- What content works for local and international online audiences;
- How to develop a single idea into multiple short episodes of a series;
- Finding your niche and growing your community;
- Advice on scripting, casting, shooting and online marketing;
- Navigating YouTube and other video sharing websites to
- Australian State and Federal funding opportunities.
We encourage all storytellers to attend this essential masterclass, where you will gain immediate practical tools to create your own online content and successfully navigate this incredibly fast-growing and exciting digital platform.