Masterclass in Web Series Creation at Vivid Sydney
AACTA is thrilled to be presenting a Masterclass in Web Series Creation, to be held on Tuesday, 5 June at the Museum of Contemporary Art as part of Vivid Sydney, the world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas.
The masterclass will bring together some of Australia’s most successful web content creators to share their experiences creating scripted content for online audiences worldwide, including:
- BONDI HIPSTERS and SOUL MATES co-creator and star Christiaan Van Vuuren;
- ABC TV Head of Comedy and Executive Producer of multiple web series, Rick Kalowski;
- Creator of F***ING ADELAIDE, Sophie Hyde;
- SKITBOX co-creator and performer Adele Vuko; and
- Producer and developer of OTHER PEOPLE’S PROBLEMS, Charlotte Seymour.
Moderated by Screen Australia’s Multiplatform Investment Manager and STARTING FROM NOW producer and actress Rosie Lourde, the masterclass will cover a range of topics, including:
- What content works for local and international online audiences;
- How to develop a single idea into multiple short episodes of a series;
- Finding your niche and growing your community;
- Advice on scripting, casting, shooting and online marketing;
- Navigating YouTube and other video sharing websites to maximise your audience; and
- Australian State and Federal funding opportunities.
“The recent abundance of engaging Australian online content gaining huge viewer numbers and critical acclaim has marked an exciting new pathway for Australian talent,” said AFI | AACTA CEO Damian Trewhella. “We are thrilled to be shining a spotlight on the online space and to give audiences the opportunity to delve deeper into the fastest growing platform in the world – online content – at this special masterclass.”
We encourage all storytellers to attend this essential masterclass, where you will gain immediate practical tools to create your own online content and successfully navigate this incredibly fast growing and exciting digital platform.
This event is presented in partnership with Vivid Sydney. Vivid Sydney is owned, managed and produced by Destination NSW, the NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency, and runs from 25 May to 16 June 2018.