Telefeature or Mini Series
Telefeature and Mini Series entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, a Telefeature or Mini Series must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand.
- Have had the first episode of the entered production or, in the case of a single program, the entire production broadcast in Australia for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
In order to be eligible, a Telefeature must:
- Be a single, self-contained and continuous drama made for television.
- Be no less than one television hour in length or, in the case of predominately animated programs, no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entire production must be submitted for judging.
In order to be eligible, a Mini Series must:
- Be a complete, self-contained dramatised story with a major continuous plot for which there is an expectation of an ending resolving the major plot tensions.
- Be less than 13 hours in total length.
- For the avoidance of doubt, only ‘one-off’ series are eligible for this category. Productions which have had previous seasons, are reasonably expected by the Producers to return for further seasons or in which substantially the same characters and/or narrative setting will appear, are not eligible. This does not disqualify a Mini Series from entering as a Drama Series.
- Up to two episodes can be submitted for judging. Multiple episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Telefeature or Mini Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Telefeature or Mini Series, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: Wally Elnour accepting the AACTA Award for Best Telefeature or Mini Series for SUNSHINE at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Entry Fee $1,350
Entries & Materials Deadline Sunday 22 July 2018, 11:59pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of five Award candidates listed on the entry must be current members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book