Sports Entertainment Program entries for the 2019 AACTA Awards are now open.
In order to be eligible, a Sports Entertainment Program entry must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, VOD or SVOD.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 28 October 2018 and 26 October 2019.
- Be a Television Program that relates to the analysis or discussion of sports and can be a series or standalone program dedicated to a particular Sport or a range of Sports. This can be a variety style, panel, interview, personality hosted/chat, quiz, competition, informational, game show or other substantially non-scripted program where the primary objective is to entertain rather than to report.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Sports Entertainment Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Sports Entertainment Program, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 2019 AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Image: Ben Roberts with the AACTA Subscription Television Award for Best Sports Presentation for FOOTY FINALS ON FOX at the 2018 AACTA Awards.