Reality Program entries for the 2019 AACTA Awards are now open.
In order to be eligible, a Reality Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, VOD or SVOD.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 28 October 2018 and 26 October 2019.
- Be a substantially non-scripted television program which involves participants being placed in an environment or format in which the premise, circumstances or situations they encounter are structured and manipulated in an ongoing manner for the purposes of creating the program; and can contain an element of competition and prizes.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- An entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Reality Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to report rather than entertain), Entertainment, Lifestyle, Factual Entertainment, or Documentary or Factual Programs.
For the avoidance of doubt, this definition does not include substantially non-scripted programs that consist of the Producers setting up a premise or initial situation that is then observed with minimal further intervention by the Producers. Please refer to Documentary or Factual Program for observational documentary Programs, or Entertainment Program for competition-based Programs that do not employ further rules, interventions or challenges.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Reality Program, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 2019 AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Image: Peter Newman, Amelia Fisk and Adam Fergusson with the AACTA Award for Best Reality Series for AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR at the 2018 AACTA Awards.
Entry Fee $1,350
Entries & Materials Deadline Monday 22 July 2019, 11:59pm
Rules & Supporting Documents 2019 AACTA Awards Rule Book