Factual Entertainment Program
Factual Entertainment entries for the 2019 AACTA Awards are now open.
In order to be eligible, a Factual Entertainment Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, VOD or SVOD.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 28 October 2018 and 26 October 2019.
- Be a Television Program that documents actual people and events, and where the primary objective is to entertain rather than to report. This can include panel, interview, personality hosted/chat, quiz, informational or other substantially non-scripted programs that consist of the Producers setting up a premise or initial situation that is then observed with minimal further intervention by the Producers.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Factual Entertainment Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to report rather than entertain), Reality, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Documentary or Factual Programs.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Factual Entertainment Program, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 2019 AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Image: AACTA Award winners at the 2018 AACTA Awards Industry Luncheon.