Factual Entertainment Program
Factual Entertainment entries for the 2020 AACTA Awards are now open.
In order to be eligible, a Factual Entertainment Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand;
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 27 October 2019 and 31 October 2020.
- Be a Television Program that documents actual people and events, and where the primary objective is to entertain rather than to report. This can include panel, interview, personality hosted/chat, quiz, informational and other substantially non-scripted programs that consist of the Producers setting up a premise or initial situation that is then observed with minimal further intervention by the Producers.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Entertainment Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to report rather than entertain), Reality Series, Lifestyle Program and Documentary or Factual Program.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
A Program, Film, Episode or Season which has been previously entered into the Awards is ineligible for entry into the current or any future Awards.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Factual Entertainment Program, a minimum of four Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than four Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Image: YOU CAN’T ASK THAT received the AACTA Award for Best Factual Entertainment Program at the 2019 AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Thanks to the generous support of our
partners and sponsors.