Entertainment Program entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, an Entertainment Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
- Be a variety style, panel, interview, personality hosted/chat, quiz, competition, informational, magazine, game show or other substantially non-scripted program.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Entertainment Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to report rather than entertain), Reality Series, Lifestyle Program and Documentary or Factual Program.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter an Entertainment Program, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: Peter Newman accepting the AACTA Award for Best Light Entertainment Television Series for AUSTRALIAN NINJA WARRIOR at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Entry Fee $1,350
Entries & Materials Deadline Sunday 22 July 2018, 11:59pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of five Award candidates listed on the entry must be current members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book