Drama Series entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, a Drama Series must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
- Be a drama series of a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than five episodes of no less than one half television hour in length.
- Be either:
- A series of self-contained stories which can be screened in any order; or
- A number of interweaving and overlapping plots continuing from one episode to the next.
- Up to two episodes can be submitted for judging. Multiple episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Drama Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Drama Series, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: TOP OF THE LAKE: CHINA GIRL cast and crew at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel after receiving the AACTA Award for Best Television Drama Series.
Entry Fee $1,350
Entries & Materials Deadline Sunday 22 July 2018, 11:59pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of five Award candidates listed on the entry must be current members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book