Documentary or Factual Program
Documentary or Factual Program entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, a Documentary or Factual Program must be:
- An Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand.
- Have had the first episode of the entered production or, in the case of a single standalone program, the entire production broadcast in Australia for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
- A creative treatment of actuality other than a news, current affairs, sports coverage, magazine or infotainment program, Lifestyle Program, Entertainment Program or Reality Series. This definition includes observational documentary, fly on the wall, or programs that consist of the Producers setting up a premise or initial situation that is then observed with minimal further intervention by the Producers.
- In the case of a single, standalone program, the entrant must submit the entire production for consideration in all categories.
- In the case of a series, the entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Documentary or Factual Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to report rather than entertain), Entertainment Program, Lifestyle Program and Reality Series.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Documentary or Factual Program, a minimum of four Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than four Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: Craig Reucassel and Jodi Boylan accepting the AACTA Award for Best Documentary Television Program for WAR ON WASTE at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Entry Fee $780
Entries & Materials Deadline Sunday 22 July 2018, 11:59pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of four Award candidates listed on the entry must be current members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book