Comedy Program entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, a Comedy Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season or, in the case of a single standalone program, the entire production broadcast in Australia for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
- Be a television program that primarily contains comedic content and includes situational comedy, sketch series, panel, quiz, personality hosted/chat or stand up.
- In the case of a single, standalone program, the entrant must submit the entire production for consideration in all categories.
- In the case of a series, the entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Comedy Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Comedy Program, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: Phil Simon accepting the AACTA Award for Best Television Comedy Series for UTOPIA at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Entry Fee $1,350
Entries & Materials Deadline Sunday 22 July 2018, 11:59pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of five Award candidates listed on the entry must be current members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book