Children’s Program entries for the 2019 AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, a Children’s Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, VOD or SVOD.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season or, in the case of a single standalone program, the entire production broadcast in Australia for the first time between 28 October 2018 and 26 October 2019.
- Be a television program that is made predominately for viewing by children, either created using animation or recorded in live action.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, comprising either:
- A series of self-contained stories which can be screened in any order; or
- A number of interweaving and overlapping plots continuing from one episode to the next.
- The entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Children’s Program Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Children’s Program, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Please refer to the 2019 AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Image: Stuart Wood with the AACTA Award for Best Children's Program for THE BUREAU OF MAGICAL THINGS at the 2018 AACTA Awards.