Children’s Program entries for the 2020 AACTA Awards are now open.
In order to be eligible, a Children’s Program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television, video-on-demand or subscription-video-on-demand;
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season or, in the case of a single standalone program, the entire production broadcast in Australia for the first time between 27 October 2019 and 31 October 2020.
- Be a television program that is made predominately for viewing by children, either created using animation or recorded in live action.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, comprising either:
- A series of self-contained stories which can be screened in any order; or
- A number of interweaving and overlapping plots continuing from one episode to the next.
- The entrant can submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Children’s Television Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
Membership & Entry
A Program, Film, Episode or Season which has been previously entered into the Awards is ineligible for entry into the current or any future Awards.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter a Children’s Program, a minimum of four Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than four Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members.
Image: The production team behind BLUEY accept the AACTA Award for Best Children's Program at the 2019 AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Thanks to the generous support of our
partners and sponsors.