Female or Male Presenter
Subscription Television entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible for the Subscription Television Best Presenter award categories, a subscription television program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for subscription television or subscription-video-on-demand.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season or, in the case of a stand-alone program, the entire program broadcast in Australia on subscription television, or first released on an SVOD platform, for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
In order to be eligible for the Best Female Presenter and Best Male Presenter awards, the candidate must:
- Have had a major or ongoing role in a subscription television program that was broadcast during the eligibility period.
- Where the candidate has appeared in a series, up to two episodes or 120 aggregate minutes can be submitted for judging and will be judged as a singly entry.
- Where the candidate has appeared in a single, stand-alone program the entire production must be submitted for judging.
Special rules for Subscription Television programs entering other Award categories:
- To be considered for a ‘Best’ Television Award and other craft awards, a subscription television program must create a separate entry in one of the television award categories (eg. Drama, Comedy, Children’s, Reality, Lifestyle or Entertainment).
- A subscription television program that is only entered into one (or more) of the Subscription Television categories will be considered for that (or those) awards only.
A note regarding entry fee: If a production has been entered into another television category (excluding New Talent and Live Event Production) the entry fee will not apply.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
A Subscription Television Best Presenter candidate can be put forward as part of an entry into an open TV category, for example as part of a Lifestyle entry where the entrant also lists a candidate for Subscription Television Best Presenter. In that event, the respective television category membership eligibility requirement applies.
In the event that there is no associated entry into an open category and entry is being made directly and solely into the Subscription Television Best Presenter category, then one candidate listed must be an AACTA member.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: Margaret Pomeranz accepting the AACTA Subscription Television Award for Best Female Presenter for STAGE & SCREEN at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Entry Fee Free
Entries & Materials Deadline Friday 17 August 2018, 5:00pm
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book