Female or Male New Talent
Subscription Television Best New Talent entries for the 2019 AACTA Awards are now open.
In order to be eligible for the Subscription Television Best New Talent award categories, a subscription television program must:
- Be an Australian production produced for subscription television or SVOD.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season or, in the case of a stand-alone program, the entire program broadcast in Australia on subscription television, or first released on an SVOD platform, for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
In order to be eligible for the Best Female New Talent Award and Best Male New Talent Award, the candidate must:
- Be an actor, actress, reporter or presenter who has made their major television debut in an Australian subscription television program that was broadcast during the eligibility period.
- Where the candidate has appeared in a series:
- The candidate must have featured in at least three episodes as the same character, reporter or presenter.
- Up to two episodes or 120 aggregate minutes can be submitted for judging, and will be judged as a singly entry.
- Where the candidate has appeared in a single, stand-alone program the entire production must be submitted for judging.
Special rules for Subscription Television programs entering other Award categories:
- To be considered for a ‘Best’ Television Program Award and other craft awards, a subscription television program must create a separate entry in one of the television award categories (eg. Drama, Comedy, Children’s, Reality, Lifestyle or Entertainment).
- A subscription television program that is only entered into one (or more) of the Subscription Television categories will be considered for that (or those) awards only.
A note regarding entry fee: If a production has been entered into another television category (excluding Presenter and Live Event Production) the entry fee will not apply.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
A Subscription Television Best New Talent candidate can be put forward as part of an entry into an open TV category, for example as part of a Lifestyle entry where the entrant also lists a candidate for Subscription Television Best New Talent. In that event, the respective television category membership eligibility requirement applies.
In the event that there is no associated entry into an open category and entry is being made directly and solely into the Subscription Television Best New Talent category, then one candidate listed must be an AACTA member.
Please refer to the 2019 AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Image: 2018 AACTA Subscription Television Award for Best New Talent winner Scott Ryan in MR INBETWEEN.