Short Fiction Film
Short Fiction Film entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
In order to be eligible, a Short Fiction Film must be:
- An Australian production.
- Less than 40 minutes in duration.
- Completed between 13 May 2017 and 29 April 2018.
- A self-contained and continuous fiction or experimental film recorded primarily in live action.
- If a program is part of a series, a single program must remain self-contained in respect of its content at all times and not be part of a series that has a continuous theme or story-line.
- If a program is part of a series, up to three programs from the one series may be submitted, provided that each of the programs remains self-contained in respect of its content. Each program from the series will be treated as a separate entry and separate entry fees will apply to each entry.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Short Fiction Film category, a minimum of two Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than two Award candidates are listed on the form, then the sole Award candidate listed must be a current AACTA member. In the event that fewer than two Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Image: Josh Lawson, Derin Seale and Karen Bryson at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel with the AACTA Award for Best Short Fiction Film for THE ELEVEN O'CLOCK.
Entry Fee $100
Entries & Materials Deadline Sunday 29 April 2018, 11:59pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of two Award candidates listed on the entry must be current members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book