In order to be eligible, an Online Entertainment:
- Be an Australian production that debuts via the internet and is intended primarily for online release and consumption via a video sharing site or unique URL.
- Have had the whole production or the first episode in the series premiere online for the first time between 6 August 2019 and 31 October 2020.
- An Online Video means any content that debuts via the internet and is intended primarily for online release and consumption via a video sharing site or unique URL and can include a Standalone video of up to 60 minutes in duration; or a Series that consists of potentially unlimited number of episodes but not less than two; or a Channel that collates content/uploads.
- Be a primarily Unscripted Program that can can cover such topics as (but is not limited to):
- How To – Channels or videos that provide step by step details of how to accomplish or undertake a task. These may include tutorials, before & afters, renovation instructional videos and ‘hacks’ accompanied with instructions.
- Beauty/Fashion/Style – Channels or videos that specialise in clothing, style, makeup, hair and accessories. This may include wardrobe edits, fashion critiques, red carpet reviews, product reviews and fashion interviews.
- Education/Science/Technology – Channels or videos that are informational and provide knowledge/facts/answers on specific or diverse topics, and may be geared toward children/school students as well as adults.
- Sports and Wellness – Channels or videos that focus on health, fitness and wellbeing such as workout routines, diet tips, meditation, sporting games, sporting interviews, sports blunders and sports highlights.
- Kids and Family – Channels or videos aimed at children and family viewing. This can include unboxing, playing with/road-testing toys, songs/singalongs, family vlogs.
- Entertainment – Channels or videos that can include panel, quiz, game show, chat show, variety, competition, reality, food, wine, house, garden, travel, leisure.
- Gaming - Channels or videos with a focus on video and computer games. These may be walkthroughs, let’s plays, reviews, game hacks, game set up, game mods and character creation.
- Music - Channels or videos with a focus on music and the music industry. This may include live performances, song covers, album reviews, music listicles (top 10) and artist interviews.
- News and Culture – Channels or videos that focus on news and culture.
- The entered Online Entertainment production will be considered in the form that it appears online and must remain posted online and available for review, via a video sharing site or unique URL, until November 6, unless otherwise specified by AACTA.
Membership & Entry
A Program, Film, Episode or Season which has been previously entered into the Awards is ineligible for entry into the current or any future Awards.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Online Entertainment category, a minimum of two Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than two candidates are listed on the form, then the sole Award candidate listed must be a current AACTA member.
Thanks to the generous support of our
partners and sponsors.