Hair and Makeup
Hair and Makeup entries for the 8th AACTA Awards are now closed.
- Free entry for productions that have been entered in another AACTA Award category.
- A $300 entry fee applies if entry is being made solely into the Hair and Makeup category.
In order to be eligible, a Hair and Makeup entry must:
- Be any wholly Australian created hair and makeup in an Australian produced feature film, television drama or television comedy production.
- In the case of a feature film, the production must have been released theatrically in Australia for the first time between 16 November 2017 and 22 November 2018.
- In the case of a television production, the first episode must have been broadcast in Australia for the first time between 21 October 2017 and 27 October 2018.
- A maximum of three individuals most responsible for the overall creative design, supervision, execution, management and delivery of the ‘work to be considered’ are eligible to be entered as Award Candidates. This would include two senior department members with the option for a third candidate if SFX or prosthetic makeup is involved.
Membership & Entry
Any productions entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year are ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Hair and Makeup category, a minimum of two Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than two Award candidates are listed on the form, then the sole Award candidate listed must be a current AACTA member.
Please refer to the 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all rules, regulations and policies.
Please email the AACTA Awards Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Image: Troy Follington, Katherine Brown and Simon Joseph with the AACTA Award for Best Hair and Makeup for CLEVERMAN at the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel.
Entry Fee Free - where the production has been entered in another category. $300 - where entry is being made solely into the Hair & Makeup category.
Entries & Materials Deadline Friday 31 August 2018, 5:00pm
Membership Requirements A minimum of two Award candidates listed on the entry must be current AACTA members.
Rules & Supporting Documents 8th AACTA Awards Rule Book