Visual Effects and Animation
Ineke Majoor and Glenn Melenhorst accepting the AACTA Award for Best Visual Effects or Animation for GAME OF THRONES – BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS at the 6th AACTA Awards.
Visual Effects and Animation entries for the
7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel are now open.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
5pm, Friday 25 August 2017
$300 - Visual Effects or Animation
In order to be eligible, a Visual Effects or Animation entry must:
- Be any Australian produced visual effects or animation in a feature film, television or documentary production.
- Please note: the production itself does not have to be an Australian production.
- In the case of a TV production, be broadcast in Australia for the first time between 14 October 2016 and 20 October 2017.
- In the case of a feature film production, be released theatrically in Australia for the first time between 14 October 2016 and 15 November 2017.
- The entrant must be a representative of the Australian entity that was contracted by the production’s producer to create the work being entered as ‘work to be considered’.
- Only one entry per feature film, television or documentary production per contracted Australian entity is allowed.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Visual Effects or Animation category, a minimum of two Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than two Award candidates are listed on the Form, then the sole Award candidate listed on the Form must be a current AACTA member. In the event that fewer than two Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel Rule Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
Each year, AACTA holds a VFX Bake-Off where AFI | AACTA members have the opportunity to hear firsthand and see the ‘before and after’ clips from those productions and practitioners competing for the Best Visual Effects or Animation Award.
Further details of the Bake-Off will be announced later this year.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT