Television – Reality
MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA judges George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston accepting the AACTA Award for Best Reality Television Series at the 5th AACTA Awards.
Reality Television Series entries for the
7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel are now open.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
5pm, Friday 14 July 2017
$1,350 – Reality Television Series
In order to be eligible, a Reality Television Series must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 14 October 2016 and 20 October 2017.
- Be a substantially non-scripted television program which involves participants being placed in an environment or format in which the premise, circumstances or situations they encounter are manipulated for the purposes of creating the program.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entrant may submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Reality Television Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to inform rather than entertain), Light Entertainment Television Series, Lifestyle Television Program and Documentary Television Program.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Reality Television Series category, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than five Award candidates are listed on the Form, then all Award candidates listed on the Form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel Rule Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT