Television – Children’s
BEAT BUGS creator Josh Wakely accepting the AACTA Award for Best Children’s Television Series at the 6th AACTA Awards.
Children’s Television Series entries for the
7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel are now open.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
5pm, Friday 14 July 2017
$1,350 - Children’s Television Series
In order to be eligible, a Children’s Television Series must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 14 October 2016 and 20 October 2017.
- Be a television program that is made predominately for viewing by children, either created using animation or recorded in live action.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than 10 television minutes in length.
- Be either:
- A series of self-contained stories which can be screened in any order; or
- A number of interweaving and overlapping plots continuing from one episode to the next.
- The entrant may submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Children’s Television Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Children’s Television Series category, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than five Award candidates are listed on the form, then all Award candidates listed must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel Rule Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT