Short Fiction Film & Short Animation
Lucy Gaffy and Kiki Dillon accepting the AACTA Award for Best Short Fiction Film for DREAM BABY at the 6th AACTA Awards.
Short Fiction Film and Short Animation entries for the
7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel are now closed.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
9am, Monday 22 May 2017 – Short Fiction Film & Short Animation
$100 - Short Fiction Film & Short Animation
In order to be eligible, a Short Fiction Film or Short Animation must be:
- An Australian production.
- Less than 40 minutes in duration.
- Completed between 7 May 2016 and 12 May 2017.
- Short Fiction Film – a self-contained and continuous fiction or experimental film recorded primarily in live action; or
- Short Animation – a self-contained, continuous and primarily animated film of fiction or documentary.
- If a program is part of a series:
- A single program must remain self-contained in respect of its content at all times and not be part of a series that has a continuous theme or story-line.
- Up to three programs from the one series may be submitted, provided that each of the programs remains self-contained in respect of its content. Each program from the series will be treated as a separate entry and separate entry fees will apply to each entry.
Entering a short film work for the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel also allows entrants to opt into the AFI | AACTA #SocialShorts short film competition which takes place online in July 2016. Those who enter a short film work for the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel will be contacted about #SocialShorts closer to the time.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Short Fiction Film and Short Animation categories, a minimum of two Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than two Award candidates are listed on the form, then the sole Award candidate listed must be a current AACTA member. In the event that fewer than two Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards Rule presented by Foxtel Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT