Member Events Program
Whether your passion leads you centre stage, behind the camera or front row in the cinema, both AFI membership (open to all) and AACTA membership (open to industry) provide a year-round opportunity to celebrate Australian film and television talent.
Through our Screen Culture and Industry Development Program, members are given access to 40+ new release film events, most including Q&As with cast and crew.
The momentum of film and television continues in 2016, with an exciting Program of new release films, retrospective classics, masterclasses and television showcases scheduled for members to attend.
Held regularly at Event Cinemas Bondi Junction, Sydney and Cinema Nova, Melbourne, these exclusive events should not to be missed.
The year-round Screen Culture and Industry Development Program delivers 10 program streams that showcase Australian screen excellence and talent:
- Australian New Releases – features latest Australian films along with Q&As with cast and crew
- Premiere Television Showcase– exclusive in-cinema screenings of upcoming Australian television productions, before they hit the small screen
- Australians Abroad – highlights Australians working internationally
- Contemporary Australian Documentaries – presents some of the year’s best Australian feature length documentaries
- In Retrospect – celebrates Australian cinema history via screenings of archival films
- Masterclass Series – links audiences and the industry with some of the world’s greatest screen practitioners and professionals
- Meet the Nominees – provides insights into Australia’s best film and television productions nominated for the AACTA Awards
- Short Film Showcase – provides screenings of the short films competing for the AACTA Awards, as well as hosts our ‘Social Shorts powered by Genesis’ short film competition online for public viewing and voting
- International Chapter – screens the best films competing on the global awards circuit for members of our International Chapter
- Oscar Shorts Showcase – an Australian exclusive screening of the world’s best short films, as determined by the Oscars.
The expansive member events program streams allow industry practitioners and screen fans to come together, watch and discuss great Australian film and television productions.
Whether you are a screen fan or an industry professional, by becoming a member you will receive exclusive and complimentary access to our year-round events.
Be among the first in the country to preview new Australian film and television screen releases – and to sweeten the deal, members enjoy access to industry professionals behind and in front of the camera, voting rights for the AACTA Awards and complimentary tickets to our annual Awards Screenings Program, showcasing the Australian feature films, documentaries and short films competing for the AACTA Awards.
From as little as $70, become a member today and join us in the celebration of Australian talent.