Worldwide access to Australia's best films online.
AACTA TV is an interactive media platform which allows you to watch a collection of Australia's best films online – anytime, anywhere.
During the 3rd AACTA Awards Screenings, AACTA TV will showcase the eight nominees in the categories of Best Short Fiction Film and Best Short Animation, plus a selection of the Feature Films in Competition for the 3rd AACTA Awards.
Although AACTA TV can be accessed anywhere in Australia and throughout the world, it is provided as a benefit to members of AACTA and the Australian Film Institute (AFI), allowing members to stream, download, and indulge in their love of quality Australian films for free.
AFI membership is open to all, and AACTA membership is available to people within the screen industry. To join, click here.
AACTA TV showcases the following selection of AACTA Award Nominees:
- 100 Bloody Acres
- Dead Europe
- The Great Gatsby
- The Rocket
- Satellite Boy
AACTA TV also includes social media functionality, allowing viewers to post Facebook status updates and share film information and photographs as they watch online.
Install AACTA TV
AACTA TV, which is free for AFI and AACTA members, uses a fast, user-friendly online screening platform, and runs using Adobe and The Media Architects software.
- Be a member of AFI or AACTA. To join, click here.
- Have your membership username (which is your membership number) and password at hand. If you've forgotten your password, click here.
- Ensure you have the latest versions of the necessary software: Adobe Flash Player and Abode Air (both are free of charge to download). If you already have these, you will see the "Install Now" icon directly below this sentence, and can simply click on the icon to begin installing AACTA TV.
Installing AACTA TV
Important: Before installing this new version of the application, please remove or uninstall any previous versions of AACTA TV.
Installing AACTA TV is simple – click on the "Install Now" icon (directly above this section) and follow the prompts.
If you do not see the icon, you do not have the latest versions of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air and will therefore need to follow the manual installation instructions as follows:
- Download or update to the latest versions of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air (both are free of charge to download or update).
- Download the latest Adobe Flash Player by clicking here. For reference, the direct URL is: get.adobe.com/flashplayer.
- Download the latest Adobe Air by clicking here. For reference, the direct URL is: get.adobe.com/air.
- Click here to download the AACTA TV installer application.
- Select install when asked if you would like to install the application to your computer.
- Select continue – this will then create a shortcut to AACTA TV on your desktop for easy ongoing access, and will launch AACTA TV immediately. If you would prefer to manually change your installation preferences, uncheck the relevant boxes, select the yellow folder to the right and choose a destination. Once changes have been made select continue.
- AACTA TV is now installed and ready to be used.
Installing AACTA TV on your Android smartphone or tablet is easy. Simply search "AACTA TV" in the Google Play Store or click the button below. When installing AACTA TV on Android devices you will be prompted to download Adobe Air as well.
AACTA TV is available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad through the App Store. Simply search for "AACTA TV" in the App Store or click the button below.
Once you have completed the one-off process of installing AACTA TV, you can access AACTA TV at any time by:
- Clicking on the AACTA TV shortcut icon on your desktop (or from your alternative chosen program files if you selected another option). For Mac users, open Launchpad and select AACTA TV, or run the program from the applications folder in Finder.
- Entering your AFI or AACTA membership username and password.
For a list of technical questions and answers regarding AACTA TV, click here.